Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Football Gives Us Nothing


I don’t know about you but I didn’t watch a single football game in its entirety on Thursday. Why? There wasn’t one worth watching. The NFL threw us a bunch of junk match-ups that ended in an average score of 43-13. Then ESPN blesses us with 40 point decision between Texas and Texas A&M. We really couldn’t have had worse football match-ups on Thanksgiving.

I don’t know how but there has to be a better way to decide who plays on Thanksgiving. I realize that the Dallas Cowboys and Detroit Lions are the traditional players on Thanksgiving but it wasn’t working for me this year and it didn’t work for the NFL either. This is the day when the National Football League stands alone to market their product. They have a slate of three games with no other competition from other markets and what they gave us on Thursday was boring!