Tuesday, September 23, 2008

If Gary Sheffield Finds Out Who You Are You’ll Be On His List


So here’s the story. Gary Sheffield charges the mound Friday night in the Cleveland Indians/Detroit Tigers baseball game gets beat up and now vows revenge on the players who threw punches at him. As soon as he finds out who they are. After getting pegged by Fausto Carmona in Friday night’s game Sheffield glared at the Indians pitcher all the way to first base. Then after Carmona tried to pick him off the fight was on.

I guess Sheffield was expecting warm hugs and firm handshakes when he charged into a group of opposing players screaming and ready to fight. Instead he suffered a beat down and now wants his revenge but isn’t sure who to take it out on.

"When guys take cheap shots, I take that personally," he said. "When I find out who they are, they'll have to deal with me. I'm not one of those guys to sit here and talk about what I'm going to do, I'm just going to do what I'm going to do. But when I challenge a man, I challenge him to his face. "It will never end until I get you. That's just the way it is. I don't mess with nobody. I don't bother anybody, but when you bother me, it's on. It could be off the field, on the field, it doesn't matter. I don't care about what the league thinks or about what they do. I have enough money to cover any fine they've got, trust me."

Perhaps Sheffield should start with Carmona. That’s who Sheffield instigated the fight with and it is also the one who beat him like a rented mule. Sheffield suffered the worst beat down from a pitcher since Robin Ventura charged Nolan Ryan. The difference is, I think Ventura actually learned a lesson.