Friday, May 16, 2008

Weekend Open Thread


I need someone to explain this to me. The San Antonio Spurs and New Orleans Hornets wrapped up game 5 of their NBA playoff series on Tuesday night in New Orleans and then t raveled to San Antonio to play game 6 on Thursday night. So why do we have to wait until Monday for game 7? Needless to say one thing I won’t be watching this weekend is Spurs/Hornets but I do intend to check out Boston/Cleveland and Lakers/Jazz on Friday night and then Cleveland/Boston again on Sunday because we all know the home teams are winning.

We’ve also got interleague baseball this weekend with the Yankees/Mets being the marquee match-up. Who would have though that the Yankees would be under .500 and in last place in the AL East at this point?

NASCAR has the Sprint Showdown at the Lowes Motor Speedway where Kyle Busch and Jeff Burton get to keep dueling for the top spot in the Sprint Cup standings.

Also there’s the Preakness on Saturday and while I’m not a big horse racing fan I am interested to see Big Brown run again because he’s got a really good shot at winning the Triple Crown.

Well that’s what I’m watching this weekend. How about you?