Thursday, November 15, 2007

Websites that Build Community

Online communities are popping up all over the internet and while some are better than others there are so many out there that deserve a good look. Some online communities cater to one specific genre, like we here at My Opinion on Sports do for the sports community, while others target a more diverse audience by catering to many different areas of interest.

The iContact community is open to people to connect on numerous topics. Since I’m a sports nut I thought that I’d check out there sports entries. I was disappointed to find that the latest entry was dated November 11th and was nothing more than an advertisement for NC State book stores. Since I live in Oklahoma and have absolutely no interest in the NC State book store I didn’t stay very long.

However there maybe something there for you! You may like NC State or you could possibly be interested in one of their other 18 topics. You’ll never know if you don’t give it a look.