Monday, September 17, 2007

OJ Finally in Jail

After escaping murder charges and a few other minor assault charges it was an armed robbery charge that landed the former Heisman trophy winner behind bars without bail. No, OJ didn’t knock off a band or the corner convenience store. Rather he and a few other men stormed into a Las Vegas hotel room and “reclaimed” some sports memorabilia at gunpoint.


According sports collector Bruce Fromong, who was in the hotel room, OJ and his crew literally came crashing in.

"The door burst open and they came in almost commando style, O.J. Simpson and some of his people, I guess you would call it, with gunsdrawn," Fromong told ABC's "Good Morning America" Monday. "O.J. at that time was saying, 'I want my stuff. I want my stuff.'

"The thing in my mind as soon as I saw him, I'm thinking, 'O.J., how can you be this dumb? You're in enough trouble."'

No one ever accused OJ to be a man of genius but this could take the cake when it comes to the incredibly stupid things a person of “celebrity” status can do.