Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Dolphins Find Their Man

(Disclaimer: I realize that this isn’t exactly breaking news to the rest of the world but it is to me because I’ve been out of the country for five days.)

Okay, I have to be honest. This one is going to have to grow on me. The Miami Dolphins have hired Cam Cameron as their new head coach. After all the interviews, 13 candidates, Cameron is who they settled for.

I’ve got nothing personal against this decision I’m just wondering why Miami couldn’t have done better. We are talking about 13 candidates here surely one of them had a winning record as a college head coach. Cameron was 18 – 37 at Indiana but then again it was Indiana.

Cameron is an offensive genius which is what Miami needs more than anything else at this point. Dom Capers will have the defense in great shape and Cameron proved in San Diego that he is capable of producing a high power offense but then again he did have LaDainian Tomlinson.

Time will tell if hiring Cameron was a good move of not for the Dolphins. I wish him the best and nothing but success in Miami. Could someone please tell me how many pennies I need to throw in the well for that wish to come true?