Thursday, September 14, 2006

Buster's Best


Last Week’s Games

Miami Dolphins at Pittsburgh Steelers – Buster picked against my Dolphins who were two point underdogs to the Steelers and I actually thought Miami could play with the World Champs, which they did for three quarters. They just didn’t cover the two points. Buster 1-0, Dad 0-1

Indianapolis Colts at New York Giants – The “Mannning Bowl” lived up to the hype and the Giants had their chances but turned them over. The Colts were lucky to cover the four points they were favored by but Buster and I will take it. Buster 2-0, Dad 1-1

Washington Huskies at Oklahoma Sooners – Buster and I both picked the Huskies to cover the 17 points they were getting from the Sooners. Thanks to a garbage time touchdown we both get our first push of the season. Buster 2-0-1, Dad 1-1-1

Oklahoma State at Arkansas State – The Cowboys were 14.5 point favorites on the road and Buster didn’t see how they would cover so he picked the Indians and the points. I went with OSU to cover. Buster 2-1-1, Dad 2-1-1

Ohio State at Texas – As if a Sooner fan needed another reason to hate Texas! Buster took Ohio State to cover the two points and I went with the Longhorns. When you are the defending National Champion and are playing the #1 team in the country on your home field, how do you not show up? Buster 3-1-1, Dad 2-2-1.

For the season: Buster 4-5-1, Dad 3-6-1

This Week’s Games

Buffalo Bills at Miami Dolphins – The Dolphins are 7 point favorites over Buffalo and Buster likes Miami to cover. This is OU/Texas of the NFL for me so I have to go with Miami also.

Washington Redskins at Dallas Cowboys – The Cowboys may be dysfunctional but the Redskins really looked bad on offense at times against the Vikings. I think this will be a defensive game and I think the Cowboys will cover the 5.5 points they are giving to Washington. Buster is picking the Cowboys as well because they are his favorite team.

Oklahoma at Oregon – The Sooners are 4 point underdogs to the Ducks. Buster is taking the Sooners to cover. Oklahoma has struggled to find a defensive identity early in the season but Oregon is struggling with defensive injuries which will allow the Sooners to cover.

Cincinnati at Ohio State – Buster likes the Buckeyes who are 30 point favorites over the Bearcats. I’m looking for the Buckeyes to have the let down game after Texas last weekend. I’m going with Cincinnati to cover.

Michigan at Notre Dame – We’ll know the truth about one of these two teams after this game. Buster likes the Irish to cover the 7 points they are giving to Michigan and I’m saying that the Wolverines are a step above Georgia Tech who gave Notre Dame fits opening weekend. I say this is a field goal game. I’m taking Michigan to cover the seven points.

Flag Football Update: Buster snatched a tie from the jaws of defeat when he ran back a kick-off as time expired to tie up the game 6-6.