Sunday, August 06, 2006

Quotes from Dolphins’ Training Camp



"Today, we probably had one of our better days offensively, Dolphins Head Coach Nick Saban said. "I thought we executed a little bit better - absence of the fumbles, not as many dropped balls, made a few big plays and things you really don’t see, like the little things in execution of getting a hat on a hat and being in the right places."

G Bennie Anderson on what led to his decision to sign with the Dolphins in June after being released by Buffalo – “This is a team that won [six] games in a row and had Daunte Culpepper and Coach (Mike) Mularkey (offensive coordinator). I thought it was a great situation. The Miami Dolphins is a first-class organization and always has been, so their reputation kind of stood for itself.”

WR Kelly Campbell on the offense having a lot of weapons – “We do. I feel like we are going to be a hard receiving corps to stop. We are looking good right now. Each practice we are trying to get better. Daunte (Culpepper) is doing a hell of a job throwing the ball, the receivers are doing a hell of a job getting open, reading coverages, catching the ball and running after the catch. We’re working on the things we need to do to get ready for the season. I think we’re going to do well.”

LB Channing Crowder how different it is for him entering this season – “It’s exciting, knowing we ended last year winning six in a row and knowing we have the ability to win. Then, getting Daunte Culpepper, Will Allen, a lot of free agents, a lot of known guys in the NFL that are great players, to add on top of that. It’s exciting to see what we’re going to do. Being my second year, knowing the system, and now expected to make plays by those veterans and knowing I can do it is something I can do to help the team win.”

DT Manuel Wright on the difference in him this year compared to last year – “This year it’s different. I came into camp in way more shape than I was last year. I knew what to expect out of this camp from going through it last year and basically see that it couldn’t get any worse. It could only get better from that point. I worked hard in the offseason, tried to come into camp in as best a shape as I could.”

FB Fred Beasley on joining the Dolphins this season – “Going through the whole free agent transition and being with a new team is a great experience and I am enjoying it. I’m happy here. The players all greeted me with open arms. There are a lot of great guys on the team with great character. It’s a great city and I am looking forward to the season.”

WR Wes Welker on if he treats training camp any differently than he has in the past – “I treat it the same way – go out there, work hard, play hard, get better every single day, try to motivate the other guys and get everybody going on the same page.”