Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Totally Losing It!


One of the great things about baseball is when a team manager (coach) loses his temper and gets tossed. It often results in shouting and kicking up some dirt. Sometimes the manager even throws some stuff. Very rarely does the manager yell at the up, get tossed, dive into second base then pick up the base and toss it into the outfield, cover home plate with dirt, toss bats onto the field then get a bottle of water and turn home plate into a muddy mess. Just when you thought he was done Joe Mikulik stood behind the muddied home plate an mimicked the home plate umpire.

What did he earn for all this? A $1,000.00 fine and a seven day suspension. I would say it was worth it but you have to see it for yourself. Check out the video.

"This ain't my first rodeo. ... I didn't touch anybody. I never bumped anybody. ... I actually cleaned home plate for them, so they should give me a tip for that."
Asheville Tourists manager Joe Mikulik