Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Catching Up

Work took me away for the last three days so I am way behind on my sports thoughts.

Sooners Advance to a Super Regional

OU finally made the Sweet 16 in something. After losing their opening regional game to TCU the Sooners bounced back by beating Houston on Saturday and then TCU and Wichita State on Sunday to force a “win or go home” game with Wichita State on Monday night. Oklahoma won that game 7-6 sending them to the Super Regional in Houston to play the Rice Owls in a best of three series this weekend.

The first game is scheduled to start at 7:00 Saturday night.

Mariners on another Streak

Seattle didn’t sweep the Royals like I thought and even said they would but they have won five of their last six games. Solid pitching and good defense has been the key to the Mariners new streak. I still think this team can make a run at the AL West title.

Okay that’s not everything in the world of sports but I’m tired and I’ll get back to full time blogging later in the day, starting with my NBA Finals preview.