Monday, April 17, 2006

Joseph Sees "BCS" in OU's Future

Former Sooner offensive guard Davin Joseph gave his thoughts on Oklahoma’s spring game and what he feels the 06 Sooners can accomplish. In his latest draft diary entry for SportingNews.com Joseph had this to say about the current OU football team.

“Before I tell you about my trip, I want to make it clear to all the Sooners fans out there that the team looked great during the scrimmage last Saturday. I could rattle off names for hours, but the team was playing really sharp considering it is only April. The offensive line is a bit thin, though. They have to fill four vacancies, so I am looking forward to seeing some of the younger guys step up.

They have only seven linemen to practice with right now, which could lead to some tired bodies. However, once the new recruits get to campus, the starters will get a bit of a rest. I truly believe we could be in a BCS bowl this year. I say "we" because I will always be a Sooner.”

According to Joseph A.D. could be running past opponents in a BCS game this season.

If anyone has first hand knowledge as to where the Sooners are this spring as opposed to last year it would be Joseph. He was a part of that offensive line that struggled to start the season and knows the current lineman and how far they have come.

Good luck with the draft Davin. Boomer Sooner!

Read Davin Joseph’s full online diary.