Sunday, March 26, 2006

Party Crashers


If you told me your bracket had George Mason in the Final Four then I would call you a liar, unless you are the guy on yahoo sports that accurately picked all four teams to advance to Indy.

I said that George Mason’s magical run in the tournament would end on Sunday against UConn but I couldn’t have been more wrong. George Mason played like they had nothing to lose, which is the way they have played the entire tournament, knocking off Uconn 86-84 in overtime.
It will go down as one of the greatest upsets in NCAA tournament history during one of the greatest tournaments in history. Not bad for a team that wasn’t supposed to be in the tournament.

I expected Florida to beat Villanova but not by that much. The Gators seem to be peaking at the right time and the Wildcats were just a victim of circumstance. This was the year when #1 seeds dropped like flies.

My Final Four Pick was
UCLA
Ohio State
Duke
UConn