Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Show me the Money!

A disgruntled Tennessee fan is auctioning off his services as a fan on e-bay. He promises to support whatever team the winning bidder wants him to, by wearing a hat to a Tennessee game and providing a photo, watching all televised games, buying a car flag and creating a blog for his new team.

The opening bid was $0.10 and is currently at $685.00. Now that’s a great way to get some Christmas money. Here is a description of his listing on e-bay.

I've been a loyal TN Vols fan for more than twenty five years but after The Hiring made for this University football team.
I’m DONE!!!!!!!

I'm selling my services as a College Football League fan to the highest bidder.
I CAN BE A FAN FOR YOUR TEAM!

The winning bidder will get to pick my new favorite College team. I will root loudly and enthusiastically for my new team for the remainder of the 2005-2006 season (If in a Bowl game) and the entire 2006-2007 season.

This auction ain't no oddly shaped, pseudo-holy food item: This is 100% testosterone filled College Football League Fan that will be a fanatic for YOUR TEAM.

I'll watch televised games, and go to my former favorite team home game in my new teams hat I always go to at least 1 a year. Picture will be provided.

I will discuss my new team at the water cooler after every win or terrible loss.
If the final bid is $15.00 or more, I'll put a car flag of my new favorite college team on my car and send the winning bidder a picture to prove it.

If the bid exceeds $25.00, I'll buy a T-shirt for my new favorite team and wear it on game days.

If the bid exceeds $75.00, I'll buy a jersey and wear it on game day (instead of the T-shirt ).

If my new team makes it to a bowl or playoff game I am committed to wearing a foam-number-one-finger for the duration of the game.

Short version why: The time was perfect to reinvent this team and put some fire back in it that has been gone for a lot longer than just this past season (ever been to a home game it’s the quietest 107,000 people ever assembled in one place). Any way instead of moving forward they choose to move to the side MISTAKE. I told my wife if they hired this person I’m done so when I saw mam_1004 doing this on ebay I knew what I had to do. This was not done easily TN football is taken very seriously and it might get ugly. Have fun bidding ask all the questions you like. JUST IN TIME TO ROOT FOR YOUR TEAM IN A BOWL.
.

To see the full description or to make a bid click here, the comments are pretty entertaining as well.