Friday, December 16, 2005

Buster's Best


I beat Buster this week, barely. I had a push in the fifth game and Buster’s streak of perfection ended with one loss this week. I might be able to get my record above .500 next week.

Last Week’s Games

New England @ Buffalo

Buster went with the Patriots agaist a depleted Buffalo team. The Bills were getting 3 points from the Patriots and I didn’t see any way they were going to cover. I took the Patriots to cover. Buster 1-0/Dad 1-0

Indianapolis @ Jacksonville
Buster picked the Colts to beat the Jaguars and go to 13-0 on the season. The Jags were getting 7.5 points and playing at home, you had to go with them right? I went the other way and Picked the Colts to cover. Buster 2-0/Dad 2-0

NY Giants @ Philadelphia
I got lucky on this game! There was no line on it so I picked the Giants to win straight up. Buster picked the Eagles. Buster 2-1/Dad 3-0

Miami @ San Diego
This was Buster’s upset of the week. He picked the Dolphins to win in San Diego and I just picked them to cover the 13 points they were getting from the Chargers. Man, he even makes me look bad when I win. Buster 3-1/Dad 4-0

Kansas City @ Dallas
Okay, I’m sitting at 4-0 with the Cowboys game left. They are giving 3 points to the Chiefs and I took the Chiefs to cover. Buster went with the Cowboys and won and I took the Chiefs and pushed. Buster 4-1/Dad 4-0-1

For the season: Buster 55-20/Dad 35-38-2

This Week’s Games

Tampa Bay @ New England
Buster is going to pick the Patriots to win but that can’t happen. A New England victory means the end of my Dolphins play-off hopes. The Bucs are getting 4.5 points from the Patriots. I’ll take Tampa Bay and the points.

Kansas City @ NY Giants
Buster is picking Eli Manning and the Giants to win at home and I like the Chiefs with the upset. Kansas City is a 3 point dog to an NFC East team on the road. Hmmm where have I seen this before? No push this week the Chiefs win.

Denver @ Buffalo
Buffalo looked pathetic last week and they ar eplaying a better team this week. Buster likes the Broncos to win and so do I. Denver is giving 9 points on the road. I’ll take them to cover.

NY Jets @ Miami
The Dolphins are on a three game losing streak and fighting for play-off survival. One more loss and they are done. Miami is playing at home and are a 8.5 point favorite. Buster is picking Miami to make it 4 in a row and I’m going to take the Jets and the points.

Dallas @ Washington
Buster is going with his Cowboys who are a 3 point dog. I’ll take the Cowboys to cover.

Basketball Update
I’m not going to win dad of the year because I forgot to take the camera to Buster’s game on Saturday. He is off now until after the Holodays so it may be a while before I get a new photo up. Buster had another solid game Saturday. He scored 6 points, grabbed 4 rebounds, had 4 assists, 5 steals and 1 blocked shot. His team is 2-0.