Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Mid-Season Q&A with Bruce Feldman of ESPN

I had the opportunity to do a five question Q&A with ESPN’s Bruce Feldman to get his mid-season thoughts on the college football season. Here are my questions and his answers.

My Opinion on Sports: What is the biggest surprise of the season so far?

Bruce Feldman: How bad Michigan has been.

My Opinion on Sports: How would you rank the Conferences in order from strongest to weakest?

Bruce Feldman: ACC, SEC, Pac-10, Big 12, Big Ten, Big East, MWC, C-USA, MAC, WAC, Sun Belt. I think ACC and SEC are very close. This season there’s a gap between those two and the next three. Normally I’d say it’d go Big 12, then Big Ten, then Pac-10, but with OU and A&M being mediocre, that hurts the Big 12 and this is a good season for the Pac-10.

My Opinion on Sports: Are we heading for more BCS controversy with more than two undefeated teams? Of the undefeated teams who would play in the Rose Bowl and who gets left out?

Bruce Feldman: Yes, I’m afraid so. (PLEASE, CAN WE NOW GET A PLAYOFF!!) My hunch at this point is USC and Texas, but that’s to this point. V-Tech has the burden of proof in the second half of the season, with three potential huge games ahead.

My Opinion on Sports: What coaches are on the "Hot Seat"?

Bruce Feldman: Rich Brooks, Jim Hofher; Tom Craft; Mark Mangino, Chuck Amato; John Bunting; Phil Bennett, Houston Nutt.

My Opinion on Sports: Give us your prediction of the five players invited to New York for the Heisman.

Bruce Feldman: Matt Leinart, Vince Young, Reggie Bush, Brady Quinn, Marcus Vick.

BONUS QUESTION: If you were the host of My Opinion on Sports, what would you do to make the site better?

Bruce Feldman: Use more pictures.