Thursday, October 06, 2005

Buster's Best


Last Week’s Games

Game One San Diego Chargers @ New England Patriots – Buster picked the Patriots to win and I picked them to cover the 5.5 points they were favored by. We were both way off!
Buster 0-1/Dad 0-1

Game TwoDallas Cowboys @ Oakland Raiders – Buster picked the Cowboys to win and I picked the 3 point underdog Raiders.
Buster 0-2/Dad 1-1

Game ThreeKansas State @ Oklahoma – Buster picked his Sooners and I reluctantly picked them to cover the 6.5 points they were favored by. Man am I glad I did!
Buster 1-2/Dad 2-1

Game FourIllinois @ Iowa – Buster picked Iowa to win and I picked Illinois, a 17.5 point underdog, to cover. What was I thinking?
Buster 2-2/Dad 2-2

Game FiveMississippi @ Tennessee – Buster picked the Volunteers and I picked them to cover the 21 points they were favored by. A late touchdown did me in and allowed Buster to beat me by one game this week.
Buster 3-2/Dad 2-3

For the Season
Buster 16-9/Dad 11-14



This Week’s Games

Game OnePhiladelphia @ Dallas – Buster surprised me by picking against his Cowboys and I’m going to do the same. The Eagles are favored by 3 and I say they cover. The Cowboys defense has been awful the past few weeks.

Game TwoMiami @ Buffalo – Buster picked the Dolphins to win and I say they pick up their first road win of the season. Buffalo is hurting at the quarterback position and there are rumors of a qb switch. Miami will stop the run and force Buffalo to try to beat them with the pass. The Dolphins are 3 point underdogs. I say they cover!

Game ThreeOU/Texas – This game is played in Dallas and the Sooners have dominated the past five years. Buster is picking his Sooners to make it six in a row. OU is a 13.5 point underdog and I say that is too many points to give a team that hasn’t won in five years. I’m picking the Sooners to cover.

Game FourKansas @ Kansas State – Both teams lots to the Big 12 South last week. Kansas went down to Texas Tech and Kansas State lost to Oklahoma. The Wildcats enter the game a 6.5 point favorite, but unless they learned to correct a lot of mistakes this week it will be difficult. Buster likes Kansas and I say they will cover the 6.5 they are getting from the Wildcats.

Game Five - LSU @ Vanderbilt – Vandy went down last week to Middle Tennessee State. Perhaps they were looking ahead to this game. They better make it worth their time. Buster likes the Tigers and I like Vanderbilt to cover the 14.5 points they are getting.

Flag Football Update – Buster’s team played their first game without him on Saturday and won 12-0. It was weird coaching a game without my son on the field. He is recovering nicely and should be able to move around better next week.