Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Buster's Best


When you are 9 years old you are not supposed to be able to give your dad a spanking. That’s exactly what Buster has done the past two weeks with our picks and he is proud. I on the other hand have a lot of catching up to do and hope to start this week.

Last week’s picks.

Game 1, Miami Dolphins @ NY Jets– Buster picked the Jets and won. I went with my heart and took the six points that Miami was getting and lost. Buster 1-0/Dad 0-1
Game 2, Washington Redskins @ Dallas Cowboys – Buster picked the Cowboys and was heartbroken, I also had the six points that Dallas was giving and thought it would cover easy with about four minutes to go in the game. Boy was I wrong. Buster 1-1/Dad 0-2
Game 3, OU @ UCLA – Buster picked the Sooners and I took the 7 points they were getting. It seemed like a good pick, but 17 points off of turnovers did us in. Buster 1-2/Dad 0-3
Game 4, Arkansas State @ Oklahoma State – Buster picked the Cowboys, no-brainer, and even I got it right by taking the 25 points that the Indians were getting. Buster 2-2/Dad 1-3.
Game 5, San Diego State @ Ohio State – Buster picked the Buckeyes and won. I took the 27 points San Diego State was getting and won as well. Buster 3-2/Dad 2-3.
For the season - Buster 8-7/Dad 6-9

This weeks picks

Game 1, Dallas Cowboys @ San Francisco 49ers
– Buster likes the Cowboys to win and I can’t quit thinking about that Monday night meltdown that gave me a losing week. I don’t see it happening this week. I’ll take the 7 points Dallas is giving.
Game 2, Cleveland Browns @ Indianapolis Colts – Buster likes the Colts and I say this one has blow-out written all over it. The Browns are coming off a big win and the Colts a sub par offensive performance. Sounds like a trap for Cleveland to me. Give me the 14 points that the Colts are giving to the Browns.
Game 3, Memphis @ Tulsa – Tulsa got their first win of the season last week by upsetting North Texas. Buster likes them to win again this week and so do I. I’ll take the one point that Tulsa is giving.
Game 4, Iowa @ Ohio State – This is Iowa’s chance to show they belong with the elite of the Big 10. We are not buying it. Buster likes Ohio State and I like them to cover the 7 points they are giving.
Game 5, Tennessee @ LSU – Buster likes the Volunteers to win and I think it will be close. Close enough to take the 6.5 points that they are getting from the Tigers.

Congratulations to Buster for starting his flag football career. In his first game Saturday he caught a touchdown pass and ran for a touchdown on his teams way to an 18-0 victory.